Since the inception of our college in the year 1962, the Department of Economics made its mark with its up and
coming approach to the teaching of Economics at the degree as well as Pre-university course level.
Since then, there is no looking back for the department in its academic achievements and goal setting approach.
This has been amply reflected in the burgeoning number of students from year to year, ever since its
inception under the aegis of Professor A. Chandra Mouli.
In 1962, it started as single man department and in course of time it swelled to five members, interacting with roughly 1200 students every year.
Sri A. Chandra Mouli was the Head of the Department from 1962 to 31-10-1993. After his superannuation Sri
B. Keshava Reddy who joined the department in 1964, took over as the Head of the Department. He headed the
Department from 01-11-1993 to 31-07-1996 and distinguished himself by making the Department numerous uno.
Sri P. Ramachandraiah joined the Department on 09-09-1974 and headed the department from 01-08-1996 to 30-06-2006.
Sri P. Narasimhulu, an alumnus of our college and a distinguished member of the OLD STUDENTS ASSOCIATION,
joined the department on 24-09-1974, took over the charge of the department on 01-07-2006.He was elevated
to the post of principal in February, 2009.