The Adoni Arts and Science College Library was established along with the college
in 1962. Sri.Y.V.Subrahmanyam was the first Librarian.
To meet the increasing demand for books and to cater to the academic need of the under
graduate students and the staff, a new Library block was constructed with the aid of the U.G.C in 1977.
The main objective of the Library is to help the students and the staff to enrich their knowledge
by providing the latest books. Every year the books recommended by the various departments are added,
besides those recommended by the Library Committee. Latest books and journals are added to the treasure
of the library which provides an opportunity to both the teacher and the taught to keep abreast with the
latest trends. The open access system has increased the utility of the library to the optimum level.
The Library began with a collection of 1046 books. The number increased by leaps and bounds thereafter. At present the number of books on the racks is.
The amount accrued in the Library fee fund and the U.G.C. Grants are utilized for buying books for the library.
Besides, gratis is also accepted. All the books that come to Library by either gratis or otherwise are entered in the accession register.